GIVEAWAY: Spend Summer on the Hill with ESF Camps at Norwood-Fontbonne Academy and Chestnut Hill College
Explore these great new offerings in Chestnut Hill.
Now that the snow has thawed and spring break is over, if you haven’t secured your plans for summer camp yet, it’s time to get them buttoned up! This summer, families in the northwestern suburbs of Philadelphia have a unique “Learning Corridor” to explore, with six award-winning camps and over 60 activities for every age and interest between two premier campuses in Chestnut Hill! ESF Camps is pleased to invite Philly Family Community members and readers to enter this exclusive giveaway for a week of ESF Camp in Chestnut Hill.
ESF Camps has built a reputation for character-building summer programing in Chestnut Hill since 1991, transforming the 14-acre upper and lower campuses of Norwood-Fontbonne Academy into a wonderfully welcoming camp setting. ESF’s Chestnut Hill camps offer exceptional, authentic camp experiences that evoke lasting, treasured memories, including Mini Camp (Preschool), Day Camp (rising PreK – 3rd grades) and Senior Camp (rising 4th – 10th grades). (You can read about these programs in this article, as seen in the current Neighbors Issue of Philadelphia Family magazine).
This summer, ESF Camps has expanded their program to Chestnut Hill College to offer Multi-Sports Camp (rising 1st – 9th grades), Tennis Camp (rising 1st – 10th grades), and unique specialty camps called Learning Labs (rising 1st – 9th grades). There’s even a shuttle service planned between the Norwood-Fontbonne Academy and Chestnut Hill College Campuses for drop-off, pickup, and Club OT.
New for 2018: Choose Your Own Adventure with Learning Labs for rising 1st – 9th grades at Chestnut Hill College
CSI enthusiasts can follow the trail with a unique Forensics Learning Lab Series
For every crime there is evidence left behind that can help authorities reconstruct the facts behind the incident. ESF’s CSI Forensics Learning Lab Series, taught by professors at Chestnut Hill College, will feature CSI Series #1: Physical Forensics, CSI Series #2: Cyber Security and CSI Series #3: Digital Forensics, and Criminal Justice. Try 1 or all of these exciting Learning Labs.
Budding visual and culinary artists bloom, thanks to ESF Camps’ partnerships with Vetri Community Partnership and the Woodmere Art Museum
The Vetri Junior Chef Academy will spice up hands-on learning for young chefs, integrating Tex-Mex and American Southwestern flavors in collaboration with Vetri Community Partnership. Young artists will appreciate Adventures in Creativity with painting, drawing and sculpture fun, as well as Environmental Art and Sculpture camps, thanks to ESF Camp’s exclusive partnership Woodmere Art Museum.
Choose from a variety of Technology Camps for a hands-on experience that allows for imagination, exploration and fun! The Technology Learning Labs include a versatile digital photography, graphic design, and visual effects camp, a leap into the future with a virtual reality course to design 3D worlds and experiences, a tech start-up course to explore coding, and turbo-charged Minecraft camp for the biggest fans.
Save the tigers, swish and flick for a week, or conquer the summer slump with Science and Specialty Camps
Animal advocates can focus on saving tigers and animal conservation in collaboration with The Philadelphia Zoo. Harry Potter fans can flick and swish through wizard camp, with a week of potions, crafts, and even Quidditch! Rising first through third graders can get some extra support to conquer “the summer slump” with the Reading and Writing Adventures readiness program.
Get to know ESF Camps’ staff and programs in person at their Open House
ESF is hosting an Open House with tour sessions on Saturday, April 21st, at 1:00pm, 2:15pm and 3:30pm. Open House check-in takes place at Norwood-Fontbonne Academy (Fontbonne Campus Commons),
8901 Norwood Avenue, Chestnut Hill, PA. A shuttle service will run from Norwood-Fontbonne Academy to Chestnut Hill College for tours! Parents and children are welcome to meet with Camp Directors and learn more about ESF’s exciting summer offering. RSVPs are strongly encouraged, but walk-ins are always welcome!
WIN IT: We’re giving away a week of camp by ESF at Norwood-Fontbonne Academy or Chestnut Hill College to one lucky winner! To enter, complete the form below before 4 pm on Friday, April 27, 2018.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins from April 3, 2018, 8:00 AM (EST) (“Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by April 27, 2018, 5:00 PM (EST) to be eligible for that day’s drawing.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, complete the form above and comment on this article with your preferred ESF Camps program. No purchase necessary.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate.
- WINNER SELECTION: One winner will be drawn from all entries received during the announced Promotional Period using a randomized computer numerical system, random.org, from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway. Winners will be emailed directly.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND RESPONSE: The selected winner will be contacted via email at the conclusion of the Promotional Period. A response is required within 6 hours. If no response is received in that time, the selected winner will forfeit their prize and another winner will be selected at random from the list of eligible participants and notified. Subsequently selected winners will also have a 6 hours period to respond. By submitting your email address to this giveaway you agree to subscribe to Philadelphia Family’s High Five Weekly newsletter and that ESF Camps may also email you with regards to this giveaway.
- PRIZE APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: One week of ESF Camps at Norwood-Fontbonne Academy or Chestnut Hill College. Tuition valued at approximately $455 to $525 depending on the Camp (does not include Club OT, Extended Day Program or the Lunch program).
- TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
- ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this promotion depend on the number of eligible entries.
- DELIVERY. Winner will be able to claim their prize through direct contact with ESF Camp’s representatives.
Photograph courtesy of ESF Camps.