GIVEAWAY! Cast a Spell at Magischola Prep, the Wizarding Camp for Kids
Rising sixth through 12th graders are part of the story at this week-long sleepaway camp.
They’ve read the books, watched the movies, worn the costumes, and cherished the wands. Now, your 11- to 17-year-old can live out their wizarding dreams in real life, at the week-long Magischola Prep camp.
For one magical week, July 23 — 29, rising sixth through 12th graders can live a real-life Hogwarts experience at this sleepaway camp at beautiful (and architecturally appropriate) Swarthmore College. From the sorting ceremony to a Wizard Ball, this new camp is aimed squarely at kids who are interested in wizardry and role-playing, and specifically live-action role-playing, or larp.
Magischola is perfect for Harry Potter fans, but the camp is based on an original narrative that’s built around North American history and folklore. Each student who signs up gets an acceptance letter, and each is assigned a character to play in the larger narrative after the sorting.
There are four courts, or schools: Bradford, Hutchinson, Williams, and Morton. Each student then gets a uniform (including a tie) in their school’s colors. Want a peek at which school is right for you? Try the “Court Sort.”
Kids don’t need experience in role-playing games to attend Magischola Prep — the professors will teach the rules and procedures, and students are even issued a wand if they need one. The camp’s staff members have lots of experience role-playing and in theater and camps. Click here to read about Magischola Prep’s founders.
During the week, students will attend classes (in alchemy, magical creatures, combat, and more) and compete against other courts for the Providence Court Cup. Kids can join clubs, play magical sports, and then dress up for the crowning moment: the Wizard Ball.
Because this is a role-playing camp, it’s a truly unique experience, with each player’s actions contributing to the way the story unfolds.
Think your pre-teen or teen is ready for sorting? The week-long overnight camp costs $1,400, with all meals and lodging included. (Campers borrow costumes for the week.) Click here to register for Magischola Prep.
WIN IT: Lux Wand
Win a custom-made wand from LiselleMade, specially designed for spellcasting.
TO ENTER: Comment on this article and tell us which court you think would be best for your child by midnight on June 28. We’ll pick one winner and announce him or her by noon on June 29.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins on announced time EST (“Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by the announced time (EST) to be eligible for that day’s drawing.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, comment on this post, as instructed above. No purchase necessary. (Supporting Members are automatically entered into the contest, but may enter a second time via a comment.)
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate.
4. WINNER SELECTION: One winner will be drawn from all entries received during the announced Promotional Period using a randomized computer numerical system, random.org, from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway. Winners will be emailed directly.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND RESPONSE: The selected winner will be contacted via email at the conclusion of the Promotional Period. A response is required within 48 hours. If no response is received in that time, the selected winner will forfeit their prize and another winner will be selected at random from the list of eligible participants and notified. Subsequently selected winners will also have a 48- hour period to respond.
6. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
7. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this promotion depend on the number of eligible entries.
8. DELIVERY. The prize will magically appear on the winner’s doorstep — once they’ve provided a mailing address.
9. PARTICIPATION. Entering and providing your email address will subscribe you to our weekly e-newsletter. Please specify whether you prefer Philadelphia Family or Main Line Parent.
Photograph courtesy of Magischola Prep.