Reinventing Family Focus Media’s Brands: United and Distinct
We are excited to announce that as of today Philadelphia Family and Main Line Parent are moving in a new direction.
This change will offer an integrated market approach, while focusing our brands’ unique voices and equity as the authorities on raising kids in the city of Philadelphia as well as The Main Line and Western Suburbs. It’s a decision that comes on the back of months of consideration and discussions with our team and a diverse set of supporters who have consistently reminded us who we are: trusted community leaders, influencers, and connectors who inform, educate, and support families with young and school-aged children (our peers) in the Greater Philadelphia area. We are an organization whose passion, purpose, and goal are all BUILDING COMMUNITY.
“Family Focus Media builds community to connect neighbors with resources, events, and each other with vibrant social media communities and events, as well as the curated content showcased through our beautiful website, printed magazines, and email newsletters.”
– Sarah Bond, Founder
A Local Family Focused Magazine Schedule: Three Times Per Year for Each Market-Specific Magazine
With the above mission statement from our Founder in mind, our team has decided to continue serving our readership with streamlined, perfect-bound magazines that are distinct by market (Philadelphia Family for parents raising their kids in the city and Main Line Parent for families of the western suburbs) in which the covers and at least the first twelve pages are dedicated to neighborhood-level unique content and Brand Partners’ Sponsored Stories. The remaining pages in our 48+ page books will be dedicated to uniting households and building bridges between the markets with consistent engaging hyperlocal content ranging from family travel to education, to health and wellness and foodie finds, and more.
Looking Ahead with Digital and Mobile Innovations for Main Line Parent and Philadelphia Family
In 2017 we plan to unveil a new, united website at familyfocus.org, which will bring the two brands closer with a shared calendar and local resources directory showcasing our sustaining business members and brand partners, while still speaking on a neighborhood level with distinct categories of content for Main Line Parent readers at familyfocus.org/mainlineparent and Philadelphia Family readers at familyfocus.org/phillyfamily. Supporting Members who subscribe to our magazines will also see a refresh of content that supports our new direction.
“Family Focus Media has been building community-first connections with families like no other marketing and media organization in the country for over six years now. While we continue to refine our opportunities for Brand Partners to connect with local families in print, online and in person, our dedication to serving our community has been consistent.” – Associate Publisher Pamela Badolato
Current Events Line-Up
- Sustaining Business Members’ Back to School Happy Hour: September TBA (Make sure you’re signed up as a Sustaining Member and you’ve joined our exclusive Facebook Group to get an invitation!)
- Main Line Parent Education Fair: Saturday, September 24th at The Saturday Club. Register by 9/9.
- Philadelphia Family Education Fair: Sunday, September 25th at the National Constitution Center. Register by 9/9.
- A+ Awards Night: December at The Play Cafe in Bryn Mawr. Nominate your favorite Educator, School, Coach, Principal, and more to be honored in September.
- Philadelphia Family Camp Fair: January date TBA at the Franklin Institute
- Main Line Parent Early Childhood Education Fair: February date TBA in Bryn Mawr.
- PLUS Monthly Mingles for our Supporting Members in the community. Make sure to visit our Philly Family and Main Line Parent Community groups on Facebook for details!
Please do not hesitate to reach out to your Marketing Associate with any questions about any of the exciting changes or to inquire about strong advertising opportunities to reach your targeted audience on any of our platforms.